Sunday, May 22, 2011

Comment from Hale Güngör, who made the wonderful front page of the book

Last year, I got a glimpse of the ambitious project and endless research that Bertil Oppenheimer had been immersed in for years when I randomly stepped foot into his computer room at home.  What I saw was papers, family tree posters and notes hung and laid out all around the room hinting to a certain curiosity which in time had turned into an overwhelming obsession. How he got all the information together and managed to turn it into a book, I still don’t know. One thing I do know, however, is that there was no other time before when I felt as honored as when Bertil asked me if I could help him with his book’s cover.  It is a pleasure to see the outcome of all the long years of work solidify and to have played a miniscule part in the making.

Hale Gungor

No comments:

Post a Comment