Saturday, July 2, 2022

Kommentar från Stephen Wertheimer, Boca Rathon, Florida, med anledning av min nya upplaga av boken "To Sweden - the story that was never told"

Dear Bertil, BRAVO! What an achievement. I am impressed beyond words over what you have compiled about the family's history and its broad implications. It is a text that deserves to be widely read and studied. To be sure, I have not read all 461 pages, but I have read selected sections and chapters and find your story compelling. And the English is extremely good. I wouldn't change a syllable. With your permission, I would like to forward the text to my children and grandchildren, who would keep a copy on their computer files. This is information the Wertheimer-Oppenheimer-Hirsch family members need to have at hand. I am embarrassed that I have not taken the saga of our branch of the family as a historical project as you have done. I will make quiet inquiries to see where this book might attract a publisher. I will let you know if I find promising leads. (My effort to find a translator was an abysmal failure.) Thanks for everything you are doing to keep memory of these horrible events alive and to document the truth. You should win a prize. Have you talked to the Nobel people yet? Indeed, let us keep in touch. The family circle ever narrows. Vetterlich, Stefan

No comments:

Post a Comment